How To Find Your Ideal Training Provider: Critical Questions To Help You Choose The Best Training Provider For You
Just like anything in life, there are many different types of training providers out there. And what suits you may not suit someone else. That’s why it’s important that you know what to look for when finding a training provider for yourself or your business.
Using these simple questions will help you determine what you need and how to find YOUR ideal training provider.
Step 1 – Determine Your Problem/s
- Are there problems with staff performance in specific areas? What are they?
- Do you want to step back from the front line but find it hard to get staff to take on more responsibility?
- Are there skill gaps within your workforce?
It’s important to determine what you want help with first. If you can identify where you have issues in your business you can determine what outcome you’re looking for from your training. This will also help you evaluate any training that is undertaken.
Step 2 – Determine What Resources You Can Contribute
- What time can you dedicate to training? Hours per week or month?
- How much money do you have to invest in training?
- Which staff will undertake training?
Your training provider should be able to help you identify which staff would benefit most from training. They should also take into account your resources to advise on the most effective and cost efficient solution for you.
Step 3 – Determine Your Training Preferences
- Where would you like to undertake training? At your workplace or externally?
- Do you have any preference for the way training is delivered? Do you like online learning, workshops, or workbooks?
Your training provider will be able to tell you how and where they deliver training. They may have suggestions that you haven’t considered yet, so keep an open mind.
Other Things to Consider…
The training industry has been getting a bad wrap lately, but be assured there are many training providers out there with integrity and great reputations. Here is a few things you should consider when choosing a training providers to ensure you find a good one.
- What is their TOID number? Check the provider’s registration details. Look them up at the government website www.training.gov.au.
- Is the person you’re talking to from the training provider or a broker? If they are a broker you may want to speak with staff from the training provider as well.
- Does the provider have a contract to deliver government subsidised training? If so, eligible students will have their training subsidised.
- Does the provider share you values?
- What are the completion rates of students training with the provider?
- Who will be training your staff? Ask for Trainer profiles.
Another great idea it to speak to others in your industry and see who they use and if they are happy with their training provider. If they are, why?
We wish you good luck in finding the perfect training provider for you. If you’d like to talk to us about how we do things please give us a call on 1300 764 418.