Fees and Charges Information 2020
Terms and Conditions for all Enrolments
This is AVTES fees and charges information for 2020. Tuition fees are advised via the Statement of Fees flyers provided prior to enrolment and detailed at the course level on the AVTES website. Please see our individual course outlines via our Course List for specific fees, or alternatively access a fee schedule here or contact our office on 1300 764 418.
Tuition fees are applied over the course duration set by AVTES and detailed at the qualification level.
- Course fees stated on course outlines apply to standard AVTES designed training plans. Alteration to selected units may incur additional costs.
- The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
- Credit transfers: A $10 administration fee per unit applies to equivalent Credit Transfers issued.
- Additional enrolments: An additional tuition/materials fee will apply where students are enrolled in supplementary units.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): All participants will be required to pay the published fee for RPL enrolments.
The required resource material/s for the course will be organised by AVTES on behalf of the student. A fee applies for the supply of these materials. These fees are in addition to tuition fees. Materials fees will be estimated at the time of enrolment and detailed in the Statement of Fees provided prior to enrolment. Payment is required on the day training materials are supplied. These materials once issued and accepted by the student are non-returnable. And the related fee is non-refundable and non-returnable in the event of withdrawal from training once materials have been issued and accepted by the student. Where resources are ordered and supplied in stages, a proportion of the total fee will be billed with an additional $10 applied at each billing stage.
Fee For Service (FFS) Tuition Fees
Students enrolling in Fee for Service training are charged in line with the above information and in line with non-subsidised rates.
Skills First Program (SFP) Tuition Fees
Enrolments in the Skills First Program subsidised training program require a fee contribution to cover the full costs of the program. All participants will be required to pay a tuition fee for government funded programs as detailed in the AVTES 2019 Fee Schedule and the Statement of Fees supplied prior to enrolment. These fees are applicable for the course duration set by AVTES, after which time changes to fees may apply. Student enrolling in SFP subsidised training are charged in line with the above information and in line with subsidised rates.
Skills First Program (SFP) Fee Concessions
Tuition fee concessions are available to eligible concession card holders, the dependent spouse or the dependent child of a concession card holder. Participants who are, at the commencement of training, in receipt of any of the following cards are eligible for fee concessions:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veteran’s Gold Card
- An alternative card or concession eligibility criterion approved by the Minister
- Note: Appropriate evidence of benefit status must be provided before a fee concession is granted.
Indigenous Completion Initiative: Concession fees apply in all categories.
Note: Students who are eligible for fee concessions will be charged 20% of the full tuition fee and be subject to eligibility testing each time a tuition fee is charged. Fee concessions only apply to Certificate IV level or below. Fee concessions are not available for courses at diploma level or above, or when tuition fees are being paid by an Australian Government agency or as part of a Commonwealth program or initiative. Concession card holders will be charged at the rate of 20% of the full fee.
You will find a Fee Concession/Fee Waiver Application form in your enrolment pack. Alternatively you can contact us for a copy. Applications for fee waivers will need to be supplied upon enrolment. Please contact our Finance Officer on 1300 764 418 if you require further assistance.
Skills First Program (SFP) Fee Waivers / Exemptions
Eligible individuals are entitled to have their enrolment fees waived provided the following criteria are met:
- Judy Lazarus Transition Centre
- Young people on community based orders
Note: This does not include resource material fees.
In order to be granted a fee waiver an original Job Seeker form must be sighted and a copy retained.
You will find a Fee Concession/Fee Waiver Application form in your enrolment pack. Applications for fee waivers will need to be supplied upon enrolment. Please contact our Finance Officer on (03) 9417 0133 if you require further assistance.
Fee Collection and Payment Terms
Tuition fees are applied over the course duration and due and payable as per terms detailed on the tax invoice. Tuition fees are charged after commencement of the training program, with no fees required in advance. Training resource material charges are charged to the person nominated and the invoice supplied with the materials. Payment for materials is to be made on the day materials are supplied using one of the optional payment methods. Short courses and single unit enrolment fees are charged and collected in advance.
Student Payment Conditions
Tuition and Resource Material fees are due and payable upon receipt of invoice/s according to the terms of the invoice.
Employer Payment Conditions
Payments made by employers are negotiated in line with our fees and charges and due and payable upon the terms detailed on the tax invoice. Payments must be adhered to and payment made by the due date or AVTES reserves the right to suspend or withdraw the student from their training program. Payment for training resource materials is to be made on the day the resources materials are supplied using one of the optional payment methods listed on the reverse side of the invoice.
Payment methods include direct debit, EFT transfer, cash, cheque (please make ensure that it is made payable to AVTES) or credit card payment or a direct bank deposit. A direct debit application is included in the enrolment pack. Where this method is used the application mist be completed and returned prior to commencement of training along with a signed copy of the “Statement of Fees”. AVTES reserves the right not to commence training if this payment method option is requested and the Direct Debit form is not signed and returned promptly. Direct debit payments up to a maximum 6 X monthly instalments for Tuition fees and avaialable. Direct debit arrangements must be adhered to with payment made by the due date. AVTES reserves the right to suspend or withdraw the student from their training program if payment is not made by the due date.
Note: Where payment terms are not adhered to AVTES reserves the right to suspend or withdraw training. Overdue fees may be referred to a debt collection agency for recovery.
- If a student withdraws, by written notice, from training at any time up until 4 weeks after the commencement date, a refund or adjustment of the tuition fee will occur, less an administration charge and any other fees and charges paid by or on behalf of the student.
- No refund is payable if withdrawal is over 4 weeks after the commencement date of training.
- If training is cancelled by AVTES at any time during the period of the student’s enrolment, a refund of the full tuition fee and any fees for materials or services which have not been used in training prior to the date of cancellation will occur.
- AVTES reserves the right to grant refunds in other circumstances or of greater amounts as it sees fit.
- In the event of closure AVTES will refund the portion of the tuition fees applicable to services which have not been used in training prior to the date of closure.
Re-Issue Qualification Certificates and Statements of Attainment
Where a Qualification Certificate or Statement of Attainment is requested to be re-issued a minimum charge of $40.00 will apply. We suggest that you keep your certificates in a safe place to avoid losing or misplacing them. Please ensure we have your correct address on record for forwarding your certificates.
With the full cooperation of all parties in meeting their respective responsibilities and the full payment of all due fees, AVTES guarantees to complete the training and assessment once the student has commenced study in their chosen qualification or course.