14 Reasons Training is Good For Business
One of the best training quotes I’ve ever heard goes like this;
“Employers ask me ‘What if I train my staff and they leave?’ And I always reply ‘What if you don’t train them and they stay?’”
It’s true that training your staff is an investment in terms of both money and time. And like any investment there is a risk that what you put in will go to waste, in this case if staff leave.
But consider the risks of not training your staff and you’ll see that they are much worse. In essence, you prevent your staff from being better, and hence you prevent your business from being better. You forego any improvement in skills, practices, attitude, competitiveness…
We’ve put together our list of the top reasons training is good for your business. In no particular order, here it is…
- New skills and expertise that will spread throughout your workforce
- Improved practices leading to better systems and processes
- More efficient and productive employees
- Staff will be more confident and able to take on more responsibility
- You will have more time to work on strategic things because staff will need less supervision
- Meet legislative requirements regarding staff training
- Better supervisors and managers will create a positive workplace culture that values learning
- A professional business image achieved through professional staff
- Staff will be more motivated and have higher job satisfaction when they are given recognition, such as being put through training
- Save money with lower staffing costs due to efficient and productive workers
- Better staff morale leads to increased staff loyalty and retention
- Lower staff turnover saves you money in recruitment and training costs
- Business growth and higher profits
- Your business will be more competitive
Is there any other benefits that you’ve experienced that you think we should add?
Ultimately, business growth is dependent on improvement, on one area of the business or another. So if you want to grow, you’ll need to improve.
I guarantee that if you consistently invest in training your staff, you will see improvements in many areas, and that will benefit your business and help you grow.
If you’d like to chat about how training could be good for your business, give us a call on 1300 764 418 or email email@example.com.