The Victorian Government has boosted the Back to Work Scheme to assist Victorian employers hiring new staff.
You can read the full information here.
THE BIG NEWS FOR YOU;
- The scheme now covers all new apprentices and trainees.
- Front of house qualification costs will be reimbursed. Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30713) and Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40313) have become costly in recent years due to funding cuts – now they can be fully reimbursed.
HOW IT WILL WORK FOR YOUR BUSINESS;
- Employ a new worker, either full time or part time, after 1st November 2015.
- Commit to having your worker trained as an apprentice or trainee.
- Submit a Back to Work claim form. Claims can be made directly through the Back to Work Scheme website at www.backtowork.vic.gov.au.
HOW THE FUNDING WILL SUPPORT YOUR BUSINESS;
|Timeline||Existing Apprenticeship Incentives*||Back to Work Funding||Back to Work Training Reimbursement|
|Start of employment||$2,500 FT / $1,875 PT|
|1 month after training enrolment||Up to $4,000 FT / $3,000 PT|
|6 months point||$1,500 FT|
|9 month point||$2,500 FT / $1,875 PT|
|Completion of training||$2,500 FT / $1,500 PT|
FT = full time, PT = part time
- *Federal Apprenticeship incentives dependent on prior qualifications, confirm with your Australian Apprenticeship Support Network.
- Additional $1,000 apprenticeship incentive may apply to rural & regional apprentices and trainees at the 6 month point.
- Additional up to $12,000 if you hire a long term unemployed worker (26 weeks unemployed)
- Additional up to $5,000 for retrenched workers, out-of-trade apprentices and young people between 15-25 who have been unemployed for 3 months or more.
HOW AVTES CAN HELP YOU;
- Provide you with information.
- Provide you with an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network contact if you need one.
- Arrange registration and enrolment of your apprentice or trainee in appropriate training.
- Provide you with relevant workplace based training, at a time convenient to you.
- Invoice your training, with payment due upon your receipt of reimbursement costs.
THIS IS A LIMITED OPPORTUNITY, TAKE ACTION NOW;
With $100 million allocated to this program over the next 2 years, now is the perfect time to take advantage of this new support for training. To learn more call us on 1300 764 418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.